View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #1491
jonestim
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
Well, 18x20's have the longest string life, what did you expect?
I often use 14x18 racquets that are "string eaters." This takes it to a new level. The one I mentioned is 14x18 and has 1/2 the wear in six times the playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
You are probably the target customer for the racket.
I agree. I already own my own stringer and am accustomed to the idea of having multiple racquets. I can't imagine anyone paying to have this strung that often at a shop. It would easily be $80-$100 a month.

Quote:
way to powerful full fledged rocket launcher
I have long strokes and have never used a tweener that I felt like I could play with. All the others I felt like I had to hold back and just dink the shot in. No racquet head speed. Not so with this. I could take a full stroke. Also in my demo box were a few racquets that are more like what I often play with including a Prince Rebel 95 strung with Beast and a Wilson Six.One 95 16x18 with Savage Lime. I was getting good spin with the Rebel - about as much as my Diablo. I sent less shots long with the 99s than either of those and had much more net clearance. I can see it being a problem if you don't hit with spin, but found it very easy to keep it in

Last edited by jonestim : 01-30-2013 at 09:07 PM.
jonestim is offline   Reply With Quote