View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #16
martini1
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW Staff View Post
@martini1,

Thank you so much, it's really nice to hear feedback like that!! I won't be in any videos right now because I'm actually currently working in Germany at TW's sister store, Tennis Warehouse Europe. But, I'll be back later this year to playtest and be in video reviews at TW like normal!

I really enjoy hitting my forehand right now, and something I have been focusing on is keeping my swing speeds up. Whether I chose to then flatten the ball out or hit with heavier spin depends on other factors like my positioning and tactical choices - but keeping the racquet head moving through the air, and through my swing quickly, has really helped my depth and aggressiveness.

If you have any particular questions about forehands, or tennis in general, please don't hesitate to ask!

Siobhan, TW
That's good advice, Siohbhan. I am currently at a stage I need a reliable, effortless (like 60% power) fh that can keep me alive in rallies with consistency. I can hit powerful fhs but also with a dose of UEs, especially when playing games. Sometimes I either hit with not enough punch or over hit it. That's what happens when I play people with a slightly better fh/bh than me.
I love that way you have a very clean contact, nice pop, and doesn't look like it takes too much effort for you to do that. The control is very nice.
martini1 is offline   Reply With Quote