View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #12
JGads
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_screw View Post
Yup agree with this, as with dr325i's review. It's a good stick, solid, good control and good power but I prefer the older IG mp 315. Spin and redirecting any heavy hard pace balls was pretty effortless with older model. The spin was just monster and the kick was amazing. I just wanted something more along those lines, as opposed to coming out with something completely different. This shouldn't even be called the speed because it was a complete overhaul of an already pretty amazing frame. The mold is completely different and resembles more of an IG Instinct, the head is more elongated. And I the head shape of the older frame created that massive spin. The strings were pretty spread out. This current racquet's head shape is much more squashed around the center and resembles more of a prestige, it lost that roundness for an a more elongated approach. And I have no idea what TW was saying about small sweet spot. That racquet was a total sweet spot. It was huge and I felt it was bigger than the prestige mids out now. And a bigger sweet spot than my 57e's. That is my favorite racquet and I hope head in the future brings some of those attributes back that made it so special. I've hit with a touring player and the IG mp 315 is the real deal.
Are you comparing to the older IG Speed 18/20 or 16/19? I think the 18/20 but just curious. I dug the last Speed line, didnt understand all the hate, particularly the 16/19. Usually veer toward 18/20 frames but the 18/20 seemed to feel a bit more unstable than the 16/19, but it was a super brief demo.
JGads is offline   Reply With Quote