View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 AM   #200
zagor
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by abmk View Post
Before 2011, h2h was 16-7 in favour of nadal

all 7 of djokovic's wins were on HC and *all* were in *straights* ... he won all those by blowing nadal off court

nadal outlasted him every other time, including on HC ....

the pattern that changed in 2011 was that nole beat nadal at his own game ... even on HC, djoker didn't blow nadal off court, he grinded him down, outlasted him .... nole beating nadal on HC isn't a big surprise , but it was the pattern which he used that was a 'surprise'.

So let's not kid ourselves by saying , oh, nole used to beat him before on HC, its not a big deal if he does it in 2011 and later ...

After a tense 3 setter vs murray @ rome in 2011, he appeared as fresh as ever in the final and beat nadal in straights by grinding him down, not going for all out offense

I'm not saying this is 'proof' of nole doping , but things did change in 2011 & later and it was a significant change
Nadal did get Novak in matches that went to the distance before 2011 but how many of those wins were due to Nadal outlasting him instead of just being mentally tougher? Remember their brutal 2009 Madrid SF? Novak had 3 MPs but Nadal raised his level and saved them, he stepped it up a notch while Novak tightened up.

Also as I said before in this thread, while Nadal played overall great tennis on HC and grass in 2011 I'm not convinced his endurance was on the same level as before, IMO his time on tour coupled with his playing style took a toll on him in that regard.
zagor is offline   Reply With Quote