View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #125
Misterbill
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1Coach View Post
It is a process I don't think TCF understands yet but he and his daughter need to win a match first and it will all start making sense to him .
Why do you say she needs to win a match first (don't know why you say he needs to win) when she's already won two tournaments and reached the finals of another. Do you think your obsession with someone else's 8 year old daughter is a healthy pastime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF View Post
Not playing any more tournaments for a while. She has a growing group of kids interested in developing long term games. They meet most every night and have some great battles.

She did one recreational tournament and 2 USTA G12s. Won 2 of them, reached finals of the other. I learned all I needed to learn....she will compete, the pressure some people kept saying is so big a deal compared to intense practice matches is a myth, pressure can be imitated in many settings.

I also learned USTA rankings for the G12s are a joke. Besides a few players, most of the girls are brutally bad.

In short, these tournaments are a huge waste of time and money at this stage of the game.