View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #1353
JackB1
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTrackTake View Post
Seeing this thread revived inspired me to break out my London's yet again. I'm not sure why I go away from these frames! When I first tested them out I strung them with synthetic gut at 60lbs. I recently restrung one with Black Widow 17 and I love it! Everything is better with the poly in there! It's been so solid I took my 2 off the sale rack & picked up 2 more at a great price. I need to play some competitive matches with it & see how it works out. I put them on the shelf when the Donnay Pro 1 came out because it had more stability and easier power especially on my 2HBH. But in drills today the London felt amazing. The only minor deficiency was less power on the backhand. On the plus side it swings easier than the P1. Great racquet. Would love to see an update in the future.
The London was great for me except in one area....serve. I just couldn't get as much pace on serve as I do with other stiffer racquets. It's more than likely a technique difficiency, but that's the only thing I didn't like about it. Groundstrokes, volleys and slices were all great and there isn't many better feeling racquets out there. But I agree...a poly is needed to help tame the power. The London also helped me to completely get over my prior TE pain, so for that I am forever grateful
JackB1 is online now   Reply With Quote