View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #74
heycal
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by despo View Post
4 pages and no answer to your question . neither one is better than the other . cereal no matter what kind or if its "healthy" or not is sugar , milk is sugar .. eat both by themselves , you body secrets a hormone called insulin and you store fat , period end of story .. control insulin levels by having a good ratio of protein , carbs and fats at EACH meal .. better option for your breakfast would be 3 egg whites and 2 whole eggs ( 5 total) scrambled and you choice of cereal to go with it . this will control your blood sugar for a much longer period of time and you you feel great .. dont get caught up in calories , calories really dont have much to do with weight gain or weight loss
What exactly do you mean by controlling your insulin? Keeping it consistently in a certain range?

And if you don't think calories have much to do with weight gain or loss, what do you think does? Carbs, or something else?

I know that personally, the way I've lost and maintained weight loss in the past was to eat less calories, period. For me, that meant 1 donut instead of 2, 2 Taco Bell tacos instead of 4, a bit less Coca Cola, and so on. I didn't really add anything good or remove anything bad -- I just ate less. (I would continue this plan today, but I'm trying to eat a bit healthier, just not only fight weight gain.)
heycal is offline   Reply With Quote