View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
fundrazer
Professional

Well just finished up and got home. Time for the first update. Only 2 other guys signed up for the session today, so that made 4 of us including the teaching pro. So how did things go... Well, I'm obviously still a bit rusty. The thing that I noticed the most was that my reactions were just not up to speed. During the volley drills I was pretty slow and it lead to quite a few mishits. I did have some nice shots though, especially some well angled volleys that I took on very early. Unfortunately I had same problems returning serve. It wasn't so much reading where the serve was going, but I just had trouble getting myself into position to return properly. Still need to work off the rust on the serve also. Hit some nice ones but I wasn't making as many as I would like.

Groundstroke drills I was fine, but we didn't spend a whole lot of time working them. I think it would have been better for me to work off more rust by spending more time on groundstrokes, but it's all good. Forehand was solid and dependable as always Hitting 1hbh's, I was also surprised at how well I was able to hit them. Remembered to keep contact out in front as opposed to closer to the body as with a 2hander.

All in all I had a good time. Finally took off the plastic wrapping on my IG Prestige and enjoyed hitting with it. It had that familiar prestige feel and I had no trouble hitting with it. I'm sure after a few more outings I'll get my reaction timing back up to where they need to be.