View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:42 AM   #1520
Rabbit
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlm View Post
The pure drive+apd I have used and yes they are powerful, but they seemed easier to control than the 99s. I tested the 99 for a good week with different strings and tensions.
Like I mentioned before with new poly at high tension I could play pretty well with it but after only a hour you could tell it started losing its control. But I know I am not near as good as the rest of you and have low tennis IQ. According to the other thread on this racket the poll says the majority feel as I do.
there is an old adage, "one man's ceiling is another man's floor". Instead of simply saying the frame wasn't for you, you used some pretty incindiary language; i.e. rocket launcher, etc.

Simply put, there are no bad frames or strings, only bad choices. The entire tennis world said the T2000, another Wilson product, was unfit for anything but club level tennis. In 1974, Jimmy Connors won everything in sight. After that, every pro was testing or playing with a T2000. Connors kept the T2000 until his supply ran out.

Babolat launched a frame specifically designed and targeted for 3.0 - 3.5 women. A couple of pros tried it and liked it. It is now one of the most popular frames on the pro tour, the Babolat Pure Drive.

Will the 99S or 105S become a staple on the pro tour? I don't know and frankly don't care. The tennis I play has very little in common with theirs. But, the 99S is fun to play with and gets me excited about playing tennis, so it's a good thing for me.

And again, when you start using terms like 'rocket launcher' and making blanket statements like this frame is suited only for beginners and people who don't know how to play (paraphrasing) you have to expect some push back. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for everyone else.