View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #1532
JackB1
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_nut View Post
Gut/poly hybrids feel amazing in this frame. The only issue I have with it is durability. I'm only getting about 6 hours on them before the gut snaps. This is with 16g Prince gut mains.

I am testing full beds of Silverstring and Iontec salmon both in 1.25 and am really enjoying the Iontec. It's got a real nice solid feel without being to trampoliney(I know it's not a real word but that's the only way I could put it) like other polys I've tried. Not as spinny as gut/poly but way more than enough for me.

Overall, I am really liking these sticks. The spin is nice and the sweetspot is huge but the biggest reason that I will be sticking with these racquets is the comfort. The 99S is one of only 2 racquets that I can play with a full bed of poly. The EXO3 Tour is the other.
tennisnut, you seem to be the only one who has tried a gut/copoly setup. What tension did you try? I would think you need to go up to around 63,64 with the gut and around 56-58 with the copoly crosses, sicne the tension range is 55-65 on the 99s. I am not a string breaker, so I am wondering if a gut/copoly hybrid might work better for me than full 4g?