Thread: Doubles GOAT ?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #113
BobbyOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMF View Post
Phoenix1983, what you're saying is if Fed paired with Wawrinka or Nadal paired with Lopez they would be a better/more accomplished than the B Brothers just because they are a great single players. I don't think so. Winning 13 slam doubles a lot. Nole, Nadal and Murray haven't won 13 slam in singles, so how do ones believe they would do even better than the B. Brothers is beyond comprehension. I'm a huge Fed fans and I agree he would be better than them.

I'm not a fan of the B Brothers but I'm only a few in here who respect their achievements instead of disparaging them. Hell, he broke JMac for most weeks #1, which you believe he's one of the great doubles. Why not give same praises for the Brothers ??
TMF,

Joining Federer with Wawrinka is not the same as pairing Newcombe and Roche or Laver and Emerson. The top duos then consisted of TWO great players.

I have read many strange opinions on tt (and perhaps other posters and readers have read some strange statements of mine) but your claim that doubles competition is tougher now than in older times, could rank as the most embarrassing in this forum.
BobbyOne is offline   Reply With Quote