Thread: Doubles GOAT ?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #117
NadalDramaQueen
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1 View Post
First of all Zagor, I can't always comment on everything. I frankly don't know what you're writing about. I was expressing an opinion of someone admiring a player so much and how I don't understand it. I also wrote to each his own. How is that being a hypocrite?
All zagor is getting at is that you often overlook some of the things you find fault with depending on if they are a "historian" (someone who calls themselves an expert) or not. Don't get me wrong, you are a great poster, especially when you consider many others, but that is why it is such a letdown when you don't say anything or even (the worst thing) act as an enabler, giving encouraging words to a poster who is consistently using poor reasoning. No one should be rude, but there is no need to coddle everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lobb View Post
Strange list.
Where is Hewitt/McMillan, who dismantled McEnroe/Fleming when they were practically seniors.
Sedgman/McGregor, the Grand Slammers?
Hoad/Rosewall, who won 15 major titles (MORE than the Bryans) against TOUGHER competition than the Bryans have faced.
Perhaps the competition was tougher in doubles, but there is no way to prove it to the extent that someone isn't allowed to have a different opinion. The only embarrassing thing is to think you know something for sure that can't be shown to be true. Take note that you also removed a small portion of your post, which made it sound much more self-righteous.

Also, it is funny that you are going to use Hoad's achievements in order to claim he is the best doubles player, yet you ignore such achievements when we are talking about singles.

Last edited by NadalDramaQueen : 02-01-2013 at 11:18 AM.
NadalDramaQueen is offline   Reply With Quote