Thread: Doubles GOAT ?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #143
BobbyOne
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalDramaQueen View Post
I'm sorry, pc1, but mixed doubles must be banished from league play. I'll take that fight to my grave.

I agree that it is perception, and everybody tends to be less motivated to contradict those posters who have views that align more closely with their own. I know that there have been specific incidents where you have let me down, and I'm sure you have felt the same about me, especially with your deleted thread. In my defense, the thread seemed to be inseparable from the height discussion, and I was kidding for the majority of the post.

To be clear, I don't think the doubles today is as good as it was in the past, but I am not confident enough about it to act like a jerk. That is really my only dog in this fight, that people don't realize how easy it is for their perceptions to be completely wrong.

I just want to add that the best part about this thread is that Dan and Bobby can finally hold hands and skip happily off into the sunset. Hoad and Rosewall can be tops together.
NadalDramaQueen, I find it a great pity that Dan is already married. Dan&Bobby would be a great couple...
BobbyOne is offline   Reply With Quote