View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #15
JackB1
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW Staff View Post
Tension loss does seem to be greater in these racquets than in typical string patterned racquets. Is it as extreme as people say it is? I don't think so. Poly's are polys. They'll lose tension at a higher rate anyways. Right now, I have Luxilon 4GS in mine, and it's holding tension pretty well. But 4G holds tension better than most polyester strings to begin with.

I will be putting in Weiss Cannon Black 5 Edge in my other Steam 99S today and we'll see how it plays and holds tension.

As for my favorite string setup, it's 4GS. I love my Polyfibre TCS but the tension lost is magnified in these racquets. I don't think anything but a full bed of polyester would work well in these racquets.

Jason, TW
Thanks J. Let us know how the B5E works out. I am thinking that the 4Gs is probably the best choice for the 99s. Glad to hear the 99s is working out well for you. Could u ask Spence how things are going for him with the S and what's his best string setups? I just ordered 2 99s's and can't wait to see how they work out for me in competitive league play. My 1 week with my demo went very well.