View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #36
DeShaun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishnabe View Post
ATP knows...and is hiding Djoker away from tests to prevent damage of the sport. They caught him in 2011 where he was clearly doping.
This would not surprise me. Novak does a decent job of trying to imitate Roger's prowess as a pitchman for the sport. Nobody does it as well as Roger the silky smooth polyglot. But Novak can speak a little Spanish, a little French, a little Russian, some decent German, as well as fluent Serbian and English.

So, if a guy like Roger tests positive, the same interests promoting the sport as condoning these tests have incentive the results. This "getting a free pass" may go similarly for Novak being an amiable, talkative spokesman who can promote the sport off court.

But now look at Rafa; suppose he tested positive after Wimbledon 2012. What are the promoters thinking at this point? "Well, Novak represents us better abroad; besides, Novak didn't take over the players' council and try to make all kinds of potential trouble for us there; not to mention that Novak so demolished Rafa last year that maybe Rafa's brand isn't even worth our protecting anymore. Why don't we flat out bench Rafa for six months, instead of the usual slap on the wrist?"

Yeah, I kind of believe that they caught Novak between 2011 and 2012 and told him to be smarter or stay clean which explains his dip in level from 2011 to 2012. I say "dip" because he seems to be ramping back up to his 2011 form again. I believe that when these big guys test positive, they are given passes until they cross a line.

Last edited by DeShaun : 02-02-2013 at 01:10 AM.
DeShaun is offline   Reply With Quote