View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #32
slice bh compliment
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_screw View Post
Hmmm... who cares about dunlop. The racquet this year felt the same like last year. And next year will be like this year. Dunlop, Yonex, Prince never get anyone excited. Wilson, Babolat and Head are always making the next release at least interesting to demo if not have as keepers. The other companies should take notes on how to get our attention. And I'm not talking about gecko skin, or shark fins, or ******** crap like that. But something that actually works, like the 99s, that has everyone's attention and I feel later productions of that stick are going to be used by pros if they can just get the balance, weight and feel right. Dunlop should just go back to making tires.

I wholeheartedly believe in business evolution. If you can't keep up with the changes and be innovative in the current year and not relapse like it's 1990, maybe you shouldn't be around anymore.
Great post...for 2011. BUT...
Not sure what kind of specs you like, corkscrew, but man, you've got to try the new line. The new f 3.0 is remarkable. I just wish it came with just 16 mains.
And now the m 2.0 will (similar specs, open pattern, cool blue and silver look).

Now, I've only tried a few of the new ones, but it looks like Dunlop has bridged the gap from their traditional frames to the BABOLAT-ish, stiffer, more powerful feel. Not sure why they got rid of most of the aeroskin thing, but the new ones are quick like an AeroProDrive and solid like a Prestige or a Pro Staff.

I have been playing a strong level of tennis since the sweet early graphite era. I am a pretty loyal babolat Pure Storm Tour guy (used to use the Limited), and I've also always used ALL of the the various Dunlop 200g line, including the AG and Biomimetic 200 tour. I don't really like gimmickry much, but like you, I do like to see the new stuff every year or two.

As you guys know, they have not yet released the new f and m 2.0s yet, but I got to hit with the m 2.0 with a friend who is a teaching pro. So good. A little light in the handle -- just begging for a leather grip. Stiff, powerful, maneuverable, but it's solid and sort of damp feeling.

I think this is the year Dunlop has gone out on a limb and made a really great change. Not just a paint job, and also not one of the many 'gamechanging gimmicks' either.

Last edited by slice bh compliment : 02-02-2013 at 07:11 AM.
slice bh compliment is offline   Reply With Quote