View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
sepidoel
Rookie

I'd like not to be very strict on the written specs, and instead want to hear testimonies from field experience. IMO both racquets fall on similar categories: mid size, control oriented, fast (headlight and thin) and not a lightweight (for me it's a bit on the heavy side).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH1485 View Post
i dont think the specs are similar. i play the yonex andi can say that it is very solid and manuevrable. you would not feel a bit of the suggested swing weight, it is very very fast. the same goes for the head size you will feel that its a 95"

didnt try the volkel to give you a precise advice. but the 89 is truely an amazing racket.
Just like what you said, I often heard that VCT89 shall have lighter SW than suggested. And quite funny I saw one comment about O10Mid that said quite the opposite:

Quote:
Comments: Love this racquet. Just ordered it after playing with the PB10 for a while. I strung it with X1 Biphase mains at 60 lbs and Pro Red Code crosses at 57 lbs. After hitting with it for a few hours today I find that it has a bit more power than the PB10 with no compromise on control. Seems to have a larger sweetspot and more spin potential as well. Feels a bit heavier than the PB10, higher swingweight probably, which actually works out better for me. Very arm friendly as well. Only downside is that serves didn't have much pop.
Because PB10's SW is 320 so I assume he said that the actual SW felt heavier than on the paper.

It seems that it's still too early to ask this question.
sepidoel is offline   Reply With Quote