View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
IA-SteveB
Semi-Pro

I was just thinking a little more about my league. Maybe all leagues are like this, but you play three sets and switch partners at each. Most wins moves up and least wins moves down with the other two staying on that particular court. There are people that have all of the game scores figured out and know exactly what they need to move up, stay, or God forbid move down a court. These guys will be the first ones to want to quit at 4-4 if a time limit is coming up because they have it figured out. For me, I never really care about any of that. At the end of the night, it's always a surprise to me whether I stay or move to a different court. Some guys take it personally if they move down and blame others. "Man, I hate playing with Eddie in the first set. He plays once a week and it takes him a set to warm up." Part of me wants to remark, "Man, I hate playing with YOU because you coach and whine. Let's get this done." I'm too nice for that. Haha

Last edited by IA-SteveB : 02-02-2013 at 11:09 AM.
IA-SteveB is online now   Reply With Quote