View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #10
schang70
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
I started recently to watch many clips of top pros in slow motion on Youtube. These pros, men or women, are the best teachers (or teaching reference) for techniques. You can tape your kids and let kids compare the video. It's truly amazing! One local coach charges $75 an hr doing the same thing. I should have done this 4-5 years ago. It's very hard to break a bad habit for a 16 yr old. We still take privates from a former ATP pro, who can hit balls to almost anywhere from everywhere - nice to confirm that he teaches what most touring pros do today.
I've done this too. I posted a video of my daughter couple months ago, and the feedback I got was her technique was all wrong. I compared hers to the pros and saw the difference right away. Now she has the elbow leading the racket back, her left hand holding racket during take back, and she finishes the swing with the racket pointing behind her. She's still got a long way to go, but I'm glad I changed her forehand motion. She's the only one with the modern forehand technique in her group class.