View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #323
travlerajm
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkstadium View Post
So the belief that a smaller grip increases rotation of the wrist, wrist snap and range of motion, which increases spin, is wrong?
Some players might prefer small grips. If they feel it gives them more spin, maybe it does.
Quote:
I'm sure I remember reading a post where you said lead at 9" increases stiffness. How high can I go above 7" without affecting stiffness, to increase mgr/i?
Adding mass at either location will increase dynamic stiffness. But adding mass at 9" will increase dynamic stiffness much more than adding mass at 7".
Quote:
What is your views on racket technologies? Is an increase in power/sweetspot even a good thing for a decent player, who can generate there own power? Do the Exo3 port-holes really increase power, control, sweetspot, comfort and spin?
I think increasing the sweetspot is always a good thing. But I don't think O-ports of exo-ports make much difference in sweetspot size - instead they just increase the effective size of the stringbed. I string tighter to compensate.
Quote:
I have been placing all of my lead at 12' to decrease mgr/i. Should I be adding some at 10/2, 3/9 etc?
If you want, sure. I prefer extra mass spread out around the entire upper half of the hoop.
Quote:
Does muscle strength/ fast twitch muscle fiber's have an effect of mgr/i? This is based on the belief that a person with the same muscle mass can have more muscle strength/more fast twitch type muscles.
MgR/I has nothing to do with strength or fast twitch fibers.
Quote:
The wrist is pretty heavy and people differ in wrist's mass substantially. What about wide vs narrow wrists? Add to this people of the same height can have different arm length/hand size. I'm not sure you should be advising people there is an optimal mgr/i per height. I think you should advise everyone to find their own personal mgr/i.
I do advise people to find their own personal optimum MgR/I value. I refer again to this post:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...8&postcount=17

Last edited by travlerajm : 02-02-2013 at 03:36 PM.
travlerajm is offline   Reply With Quote