View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #2415
TonyB
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
It's been a slow, drip, drip release but I've been able to get my hands on 2 sixers of Lagunitas Sucks Ale. And it's even tastier than I remember. Probably my fave Lagunitas beer (close 2nd is Lucky 13) and glad it will be a yearly release. I've also been drinking Dogfish Head Chicory Stout, also quite tasty, and Sierra Nevada 2013 Bigfoot barley wine. Cold weather and stout beers...a nice combo.

I'll also put in a good word for beerjobber.com. Their selection is limited but for a Virginia boy stuck on the left coast, I was able to get a personal fave, Blue Mountain Dark Hollow, delivered for Christmas. Check it out.

Wow, this guy's got a good handle on quality brews. I just picked up THREE sixers of Lagunitas Sucks today. Very "bright" tasting hoppy ale. Nothing heavy about it. But still the typical full-bodied Lagunitas style. I love Maximus as my everyday IPA and wait every year for the May release of Lucky 13.alt. I still love Lagunitas Undercover Shutdown, though, as my favorite strong ale.

I had a Bigfoot tonight and it's by far my favorite barleywine. Too bad they screwed everything up and went to a 4-pack instead of the 6-pack and added another 15% to the price (now it's $15/6 compared to the old $13/6 that it used to be for the last 10 years).

Anyway, Lagunitas is clearly my favorite brewery and I jump on every release they offer, especially the seasonals. I love barleywines, though, and I wish they would release their Gnarleywine again someday.

I recently discovered Goose Island Bourbon County Stout (at 15%) and it's absolutely ridiculous. Amazing flavor, aroma, and body, even without aging at all. I can't imagine what this stuff will taste like in another year.

Peter: "That's ok, honey. We can throw that chair out."
TonyB is offline   Reply With Quote