View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #1571
JackB1
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross K View Post
Bought, David. I'm playing Monday at least, so should be able to gauge what we're talking about a bit better.

Do wonder if Gads is right though.

For me, at the beginning, you're kind of swayed by the tweener edging towards player stick vibe. The fairly wide range of undoubted attributes, incl. the really easy swinging, relative solidness, raking depth, and knowledge that something a bit different (can't quite say what) is happening spin-wise.

My first negative thought was it actually isn't so solid as maybe I'm now wanting. Followed by I'm not quite getting the response I want on g/strokes. Followed by why am I getting picked off so much?

If you throw in the PITA hassles re stringing, ah... it maybe doesn't look so rosy eh?

Anyhow, will see Monday quite how much this is warranted. Could well be over-reaction on my part. For half the match on Friday I was much more "on it."
Ross you need to judge a new racket over the course of a couple weeks. You can't blame every little up-and-down on the racket. Is your game that steady to where you can really judge if it's the racket or if its you if you have a bad set or bad day with it? Take all these little judgments and thoughts out of the equation and just play with it for a little while and see how you do on court. Let the on court results speak for themselves otherwise you can drive yourself crazy trying to come to conclusions after every day out there with the new racket.
JackB1 is online now   Reply With Quote