Thread: Nadal on doping
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #53
Towser83
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshs View Post
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UQ2Rc6VEEpg

Nadal hasn't played since losing in the second round to Czech Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon in June.

The 26-year-old Spaniard said he'd passed six blood and urine doping tests since then. In the wake of cyclist Lance Armstrong's doping admission, Nadal said he supports strict controls to keep tennis clean.

"Above all, the sport must be clean. We must have certainty that the rival in front is as clean as I am," he said. "I don't have any problem with having controls every week to combat what has happened in other sports. Tennis continues to be a clean sport as it has been throughout its history."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Shame on the people who make baseless allegations against the humble GOAT.
That's some very clever wording there, I wonder who came up with that for him to say?

Reading between the lines we get 2 very obvious meanings here.

1. "We must make sure everyone is as clean as me, no? Because I am well known for being the most clean sportsman in world history no? No testing is even needed with me, it is the others you need to worry about. They must be tested to prove they are as clean as me. No?"

2. "We must make sure everyone is as clean as me. But it doesn't mean I am clean! I could be doping to the eyebrows (maybe that's why they move so much, no? One day maybe I get eyebrow injury, no?) Everyone is as clean as me (not clean) then it's fine. No?"

Very clever PR