View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #2419
TonyB
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
Thanks for the kind words. It's taken a lot of $$ and hard drinking to get to this level.

Lagunitas is easily my favorite all-around, every day brewery (also love Russian River but their stuff is spendy). I always look forward to Lucky 13 time and if you haven't tried it, look for their Imperial Red in March/April. It's also fantastic.

You don't have to tell me about the $$ spent on quality brews. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent in the last couple of years on beer. Today I picked up another two 4-packs of the Bourbon County stout at $23 each. I bought 5 cases of various beers (Bell's, Founders, Lagunitas) on a trip to PA last year and stacked them up on my basement. Best bet is to just buy when you can afford it and enjoy.

Lucky13.alt is one of my favorites and I can't wait until May every year. I love Strong Ales and it's right up there with the best. Of course, when July rolls around, Lagunitas puts out their Undercover Shutdown Ale which blows away every other Strong Ale out there. Love that stuff.

We're fortunate to live in the "glory days" of microbreweries. There is just SO MUCH high quality beer out there it's crazy. Yes, they're expensive, but it's so worth it.

Peter: "That's ok, honey. We can throw that chair out."
TonyB is offline   Reply With Quote