View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #48
tom4ny
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTrackTake View Post
thanks for the input. I really want to try an 18x20 that has better control than my 16x19 frames but doesn't sacrifice a great deal of power. I've hit the Microgel Radical and the Donnay Pro 1 18x20 and came away unimpressed. With the Microgel Rad I could swing out and keep everything in the court but power was minimal for me. The Donnay Pro 1 18x20 just didn't feel right.
So I'm considering the F 3.0 Tour, Blade 18x20, TF 315 Ltd. and the Dunlop Bio 200 Plus. The F 3.0 Tour and the TF 315 Ltd are frontrunners now because I'd rather err on the lighter side SW wise. But I will be demoing the new Blade just to try it out. I may even grab a pink one if there are any left in the next couple days.

Where would you guys rate the control level? Or how does the control compare with other frames you've played with?
Interesting that you did not like the donnay pro 1. What didn't feel right about it?

The F3.0 tour has the most power of all the frames that you have listed but it also has the best spin of the 18x20 frames above. You might also want to add the TF 305 to your list as well as the Volkl x10-295. The latter is 16x19 but very much a control oriented frame. The Dunlop is the most "modern" of all the frames while the others are more classic in their feel (Volkl x10-295 exception, it is modern as well).

In my opinion the control on all of these frames is excellent. The Bio 300 tour also had awesome directional control but the upper hoop needs some lead. All of the frames that you list have a consistent response and stringbed. Except for the TF315 and the Volkl I would recommend a 17g string and you should be good to go. It will come down to feel and what best matches your playing style as I think that any of those are excellent choices.
tom4ny is offline   Reply With Quote