View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #26
Joeyg
Semi-Pro

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega4 View Post
After reading a number of threads in this sub forum, I think I might be the only one who thinks that some players take their league tennis way too seriously.

I like to win in life as much as the next person. But with the exception of my job and career, it isn't like winning in league tennis is the end all be all of my existence.

I mean, it's not like we're playing in a million dollar tournament. So I think why don't more players lighten up and just have fun playing quality tennis?
Let me clarify my position a bit. I love a tough match. I also hate to lose any match. I feel that USTA league tennis went sideways the moment they allowed a player to play on multiple teams. As far as I am concerned, team camaraderie went away and that is when you started to see matches become a blood sport played by mercenaries. The "COME ON", FIST PUMPING mentality pretty much started then. I am sure everyone knows at least one captain that recruits from everywhere and tries to get players to under rate their playing abilities. These slimeballs (and the players they recruit) are the real reason I stepped away from league tennis.

Just my two cents!