View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #185
corners
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeler View Post
Just make sure to actually follow the string tension recommendations unlike knucklheads mikeler and Torres.
Yeah, I don't know that you guys knuckleheaded it; Ashaway told me to try 53-55 first, which is around where Torres strung it. But maybe they should be heeded when it comes to their Dynamite stuff.

Ignoring their recommendation, and just going by the stiffness, other lab tests and the few reports we have in, I would string it 2-3 pounds less than I would a full gut job, which means 57 pounds in a mid. But I'll listen to Ashaway and start with 55 in a full job and use that as a reference point. I really liked gut/Prince Recoil at 52/50 in a mid. Recoil is about as slippery as ZX but significantly stiffer. So I'm really hoping gut/ZX at 56 will deliver just the combo of spin and zip I'm looking for. We shall see. Must say I'm wary after reading Torres' comments, even though there was a lot that was positive and intriguing in there too. Just not looking forward to hitting with a pizza box
corners is offline   Reply With Quote