View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #34
Buford T Justice
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega4 View Post
If your main goal, or even in the top three, is to win at league tennis or be ultra competitive, I hate to break it to you but at the end of the day, you're victories and league standing mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.
What do you mean? I like the plastic tennis bag tag! Lol

I agree.....seems like something about tennis makes a lot of people ultra competitive. I just don't see this in other recreational sports to the same degree. I run and play on a men's baseball team in a league that has quite a number of former pros playing in it. And, I very very rarely ever see any boisterous chest pounding " I think I am better than I am" that tennis seems to be stricken with.

Example----

Not once have a heard a guy brag about how many bats he can break! In tennis, it appears a badge of honor to be able to destroy a string bed in 2 hours (I'm not talking about Steam 99S here either). It doesn't make any sense.

The reality is....if you are really really really good at any sport, you are not on a web board or local tennis complex telling people about it (there's no need as its obvious.).
Buford T Justice is offline   Reply With Quote