View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #48
Flash O'Groove
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Champ View Post
Gone are the days when we could proudly say "we are a great tennis country". Borg, Wilander, Edberg, Enqvist, Larsson, Järryd, Johansson, Penfors, etc. Today, we have nothing.

Gone are the days when we could send prisoners to the Bahamas for vacation as part of their rehabilitation. Prisoners no longer riot due to not having enough cream on their strawberry dessert. Gone are the days when we could leave our motorcycles, bikes and cars on the streets unlocked. Gone are the days when we could proudly say we have the best health care system in the world. Gone are the days when our state could provide a handicapped child 2 nurses to attend its needs on a daily basis.

What we have today: Influx of illiterate immigrants whom when granted citizenship do not even want to be a part of the Swedish society. They refuse to learn the culture nor the language. The school is free yet they refuse to attend one. Instead they stay at home with 10-15 kids and get 30000 SEK a month while having all their bills paid. Swedish police and justice system is too weak to counter the new types of crimes perpetrated by immigration. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame these immigrants for coming to Sweden, I blame our politicians. For me immigration per-se is a good thing because of the cultural mix but it has to be managed well. Having said that, not all immigrants are "parasites" as the racist Sweden Democrats want us to believe. Many second and third generation immigrants have been very productive parts of our society and they come from everywhere: former Yugoslavia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. As an ethnic Swede (not really, my ancestors moved to Sweden in the 15th century from Belgium), I'm worried about the future of my country because of how badly managed it is both economically and socially. I'm sure many Western European countries are in the same situation.
Beside your senseless general political babbling, I find it funny that you mention immigration (though without directly blaming it) in a thread about the downfall of a nation in sport, when a good part of the best sportsman comes from the immigration in all the rich countries. Henrik and Zlatan can tell you.
Flash O'Groove is offline   Reply With Quote