View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #58
TheCanadian
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Yeah- I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what got you so worked up over this. As far as you said he

1. Told you that after the 2nd game that it wasn't a change over.
2. Wasn't ready when you went to serve.
3. Asks to see marks on clay (when this is explicitly allowed in the rules)

It definitely sounds like you made the correct decision to quit playing league tennis.
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

1.) He told me that it was "no time for a break" when I was towelling for maybe 10 seconds after two games that lasted 25 minutes in the blistering sun. Maybe that's your definition of reasonable behaviour, but not mine.

2.) He turned his back towards me on purpose just when I was about to serve. It was an obvious mental ploy and not because he wasn't ready.

3.) He didn't ask to see marks against me, but he does it all the times with others. He's the only player I can think of who does it so regularly like there's a grand conspiracy in the city to cheat him; he makes bad calls himself all the time. He was banned from re-joining our Sunday league, so he's definitely a problem. Everyone in the city knows about him and his reputation is pretty bad.

At any rate, if you have no issues with his behaviour it's probably because there's a similarity, in that case I'm really happy I don't have to play people like you. Life's too short.
TheCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote