View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #190
corners
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player#1 View Post
I had the opposite impression regarding tension as the guys who "knuckleheaded" it;

I have no problem controlling a full bed of gut because of the level of pocketing/feel the gut provides. The ZX has that same pocketing/feel, but not quite as much as gut. At the same time, it feels like it has just as much power as gut. My impression was that I would need to string it at 76lbs vs 72lbs for gut in order to control it.

I did not get the boardy feel from it. I actually felt like it made the string bed a lot more forgiving/powerful towards the periphery. I have been using a low powered mid sized 18X20 racket. I hit hard, flat groundies and play aggressive serve-volley tennis.

Maybe the higher tension is why I am getting a different feel from it. This is an interesting string; It falls into a new category of strings.
Thanks for your detailed impressions. It kind of sounds like it does show the power that the lab numbers would suggest that it has, but that the pocketing and maybe the launch angle differs from gut enough that a significant adjustment period is required to get a handle on the string. It sure does sound like a new and interesting string. Can't want to try it.
corners is online now   Reply With Quote