View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #191
corners
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres View Post
The other thing I forgot to mention is that it feels like a 'grabby' type of string when you brush up on the ball. In that sense in reminds of some of the grabby, bitey sort of polys but without the firmness. The string definitely wants to put rotations on ball if you hit the right type of stroke.

During my playtest, I don't think my racquet speed was as high as it might have been (with a full bed poly) as I was still feeling my way into the string and getting used to the power from the that sweetspot. Grab is there though, its just that the string's power lengthens the ball trajectory and depth. I don't think I quite had the confidence to consistently take a 100% flat rip at the ball (am used to a firmer stringbed) but its early days with that string.
I attribute that "grabby" feeling to main string sliding and snapback. When the mains slide and snapback dwell time is increased and I think that that is the "grabby" sensation we associate with copolys. This is exactly what I'm looking for - grabby like copoly but more powerful.

Torres, it does sound like this string is unusual enough that a longer than normal adjustment time might be required to get a handle on how it plays. You comment that you weren't hitting at 100% suggests this, I guess. Looking forward to hearing how the string works out for you longer term. Hopefully it will show the durability that Ashaway claims it has.
corners is offline   Reply With Quote