View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #27
batz
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecon View Post
MC is highly overrated since it lost it's Masters1000 status. Rarely do all of the top 4 show up. So he took a set off Nadal. He still has never won a clay tournament, nor has he even made it to a clay final. The only way he could win RG is if Djoker, Nadal and Federer are all in the same half and none of them make it to the final. I'd say the chances of that happening are probably a gazillion to one.
Over-rated by whom - you? I love it when people on this forum pull assertions out of their @rse and present it as fact. It was Nadal - on clay - only 3 other current players have done so - and 2 of them are Nole and Roger.

Murray hasn't won a clay title or even made a final - that is true; but I'm sure if he entered Estoril or Cassablanca regularly, then that would change.

The fact is that Murray's record where it matters on clay i.e. at RG, is relatively decent. For example, his record matches Ferrer and is much better than 'King of the SA Swing' Nico Almagro.