View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
TW Staff
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minion View Post
Both racquets freshly strung. In my BioMax 200G the result is perfect, i got this explosive pop, plus some very nice pocketing and great control.

With the Prestige S, i found mush less pocketing, and it felt hard to control. It may have been a dodgy string job (on the bottom part of the cap grommet shared hole - the strings were strung over each other instead of next to). It really felt springy, and unless i hit the sweet spot 100%, i had no control.
Minion,

If the stringbed is too springy (as you claim), than increasing the tension is obviously an option. If you find that you cannot increase the tension without making it too "boardy", than you might consider going with a softer co-poly or even a control oriented multi (both of which would allow you to string tighter without giving away too much comfort).

Your pocketing comment is a little trickier when coupled with your other comments, so I'll just add this: some people complain of less pocketing w/stiffer strings at high tensions. So if you do increase the tension to solve your springiness issue, than be aware of how that affects whatever you mean by pocketing. Overall, though, my gut tells me you should try a softer string at a higher tension because it seems like you want to lose the excessive springiness* without also losing the "pocketing" & comfort. *I would not say the PHT is particularly springy, as polys go, but I'm trying to work with your comments.

Keep in mind: sometimes it takes a while to find the perfect string & tension for a given racquet. However, if you are having constant trouble finding the right setup for a particular racquet, you might also have to turn your focus on the racquet.

Jonathan

Last edited by TW Staff : 02-05-2013 at 11:50 AM.
TW Staff is offline   Reply With Quote