View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #39
Amelie Mauresmo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshs View Post
What it is is a knee injury. There is a lot of sponsor pressure on him to return. That is why he was always thinking of coming back earlier, but did not do so due to medical advice. He injured his knees before Wimbledon, but still played through the pain against Rosol. Then he decided to look after his health and not to bow to fan and sponsor pressure. As the GOAT, people wanted him to return because they saw how tennis standards had gone down without him. So he played along saying he will be back soon, but was forced to keep postponing due to the healing time of the injury. That is all there is to it.

It is no different from any of us who try to persuade ourselves we are OK to play tennis even when we are not feeling well.
What is more important Nadal's health or sponsors? It is stupid for Nadal to return if he is still in pain it doesn't make any sense.

I guess most tennis fans just want to believe the knee injury story because that's the PR story Nadal and his team have said.

Yet I've seen photos of Nadal swimming, and doing all kinds of social things smiling for the camera.

This knee injury story might have some veracity but Nadal is lying and the media need to dig a bit deeper to find out what's really going on with him.

Where is Lynn Barber? I would love to see Lynn Barber write another essay about Nadal she's the only journalist who really was able to peel beneath the surface and expose the facade about him.

So that's why I believe Nadal's problems are probably a mixture of physical, emotional, and probably psychological too.
If the knee injury is so serious why not just have surgery? Nadal is a multi millionaire sports medicine has improved so much in the past ten to fifteen years so why doesn't he just get the injury fixed?

Last edited by Amelie Mauresmo : 02-05-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Amelie Mauresmo is offline   Reply With Quote