View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #27
tennis5
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohajrtennis View Post
I don't see that in anyone's posts. You're pretty much making that up. You are the one turning this upside down to make it seem like people want to punish him. Nobody said suspend him. The OP just seem to question the wisdom of rewarding someone who so recently exhibited pretty poor behavior. Participation in a camp like that should be reserved for players with exemplary behavior. Your arguments about the PPSS don't seem to apply becuase the PPSS rules specifically say a player with 10 points in 12 months shall be suspended from US Sanctioned Tournaments. As Chalk pointed out, this wasn't a tournament, it was a camp. So so much for that "logic".

I not sure I care that he was invited to the camp but it definitely doesn't really surprise me either. I just don't think not inviting him would be considered a punishment, and I can see why people are disappointing that he was getting rewarded so soon after that incident. Probably would have been his own best interests to take a break.
HIT it on the nail.
They actually would have been doing Perez a favor,
if someone called him and said,

"You were going to the Junior Davis Camp, but due to your poor sportsmanship,
you will not be attending the camp this year.
We hope that in the future, you will conduct yourself with dignity and respect towards yours opponent,
and we will see you at future camps."

Wouldn't that have been more meaningful. Actions have consequences. You learn from your mistakes.

But, none of that occurred.

Or, and this is even scarier, the USTA is completely out of touch and doesn't even know what goes on in
a USTA National Tournaments in their own backyard in Florida.....