View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #23
LuckyR
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatt_town View Post
Lucky,

Do you not agree though that you can have your hips and feet turned toward the net person and still watch the server? It would seem to me that it is just two extra steps you have to take when you can already be in that position before the ball is served.

If you turned with hips and feet facing the the server, once he strikes the ball you then have to pivot both feet to the net person and as most if not all of us have footwork issues at times...doesn't it just cause an issue where it doesn't have to be? There is nothing the server can do to you at that point. Your focus it seems would be on the serviceline first and then the net person.

P.S....how did I do Cindy?

Yes, you are, of course correct. You can face one way and turn your head to look at multiple locations over the course of the flight of the serve.

My matches are not televised so I don't actually know for certain how much of my shifting is head vs footwork. My post was based on my assumption that I am doing a majority of my shifting using footwork. This is in part because I try to always be on the move, as my tactics include opportunity poaching (as opposed to called poaches).

But regardless, my point when speaking of "positioning" in my post, was more about where to stand on the court, not so much about which way to face once you are there.
LuckyR is offline   Reply With Quote