View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #37
maleyoyo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greystar403 View Post
I am currently a freshman in college.

The purpose of this post was to expand my knowledge on other sports. Finding articles in the topic I'm studying is EASY when it comes to tennis, but not other sports.

My essay is pretty much about a controversy and choosing a side while backing it up with evidence. I accept both sides of the argument because if I have a point against my side, I can create a counter argument to further support my claim. I think more from the female perspective would help with my essay.

...And no. I am not asking the TT community to do my assignment for me. I'm here pretty often and found a lot of the posters here know what they're talking about. I thought it would be interesting to get a few opinions while finding a few articles on other sports.

I am currently proposing the topic to my professor and it was approved with flying colors thanks to the TT community (or at least the ones that helped...).

Feel free to keep posting!
Since this is an English class, the topic shouldn’t be your primary focus. As long as you narrow the scope of your topic so that you can easily form your arguments, provide supporting facts, and give your own views of the issue, you should be fine.
This is your freshman year; your prof expects to see a well-written, well organized essay, covering all the fundamental aspects of how to write an essay, not some fancy tell all story about men/women equalities.
I could be wrong but this is how it was for me. A lot of people struggled with it because they worried too much about style, not substance.
maleyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote