View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #52
Tennis_Hands
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
Capitalism = Making corporate profit for shareholders at society's expense is the main aim of society
Regular doping tests = Eating into corporate profits.
It is a bit more complicated than that, I am afraid.

Quote:
Cycling has been compelled into stricter doping tests because so many cyclists have tested positive......
Um. You have it backwards. They tested positive BECAUSE there was an effort to catch the cheats. The very essence of the problem, that tennis has, is, that the effort in tennis is insufficient.

By the way, I find it disturbing, that you consider the absence of more caught dopers in tennis a sign, that the sport is clean.

Not that a caught finalist, Major champion and scandal with covered positive doping tests (Agassi) are peanuts.

But, then again, you consider that someone set LA up, so, I am wasting my time, discussing this topic with you.

Quote:
Now, as the ITF and the ATP are both very strongly connected to the profit making that goes with tennis as a business, there's a clear conflict of interest. Causing a doping scandal = Loss of corporate profit, so there's a clear incentive to bury positive tests to safeguard future business, if they can get away with it due to a lack of transparency. The only solution is to give control of anti-doping matters to a non-profit organisation that is completely unconnected to the profit making side of a sport, and to blood test every single player at every single tournament.
You clearly have no idea what WADA is.

The only way to hinder its work is, if entire Governments refuse to cooperate (like Spain does at the moment).

Quote:
every single player at every single tournament.
Stupid, but not unexpected from you.