View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #23
Sorana fan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sparkle* View Post
Why would it need to be someone's fault? I was merely pointing out why I struggle to get excited about it from a nationalistic point of view, and that the format only really works for countries with a bit of depth to their talent pools, so that is one aspect to be taken into consideration when working out how to get more people to take it seriously, or if you are going to mess with how ranking points are allocated.

[Nevertheless, I would say there are organisations within the UK that could do better, but that's a different debate for a different thread.]
What I meant is that according to you the actual format is wrong because british people dont get excited ??

Ok, lets change the format of the football worldcup too because US football team is rubbish and americans dont get excited...

The format is OK, and big stars like Nadal, Berdych, Roddick took it seriously and won the title.
If UK is mostly insignificant when it comes to tennis or if Federer hasnt won it before (even when he's got a good teammate, Stan) its not a format's fault.
Sorana fan is offline   Reply With Quote