View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #54
LaneMyer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybert View Post
When Michael Jordan retired for 2 years, many people were convinced that it was a silent ban for his gambling problems maybe even him betting on his own team. It's possible and I believe there is even a book written about this. There is some evidence of this but no smoking gun, only he knows and David Stern.

around here in Chicago it was widely known that MJ was betting on a sport (his voice was heard on a recording device where Jordan was inquiring about a point spread) but there was no proof it was a Bulls or NBA game. Some believed it to be a North Carolina game. But yeah it was pretty obvious that MJ accrued a silent ban just from his press conference.

At the press conference when he was asked if he would ever return he said, " Five years down the road, if the urge comes back, if the Bulls will have me, if David Stern lets me back in the league, I may come back."

I don't think anyone could possibly believe Jordan would give up an NBA salary and everything around it in order to ride a Greyhound and stay in Motel 6s to play Double A baseball for $400 a week.
LaneMyer is offline   Reply With Quote