View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #25
chatt_town
Hall Of Fame

We are going to have to work on getting your area a local T.V station man. That's bad. Everyone else is getting their matches televised. I just watched a 8.0 mixed match that Cindy played last night on the Tennis channel.

Seriously, what you are saying makes sense. I will add though that the way your are facing is apart of positioning. You could be standing in the exact area that you say you are but if you are facing the back fence(exaggeration) when the serve is coming you certainly wouldn't be in a position to defend if the net person cut the return off. So I think we see it pretty much the same way. You just may not see it as big of a deal to turn your hips and feet to the net person...Hell your footwork is probably better than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyR View Post
Yes, you are, of course correct. You can face one way and turn your head to look at multiple locations over the course of the flight of the serve.

My matches are not televised so I don't actually know for certain how much of my shifting is head vs footwork. My post was based on my assumption that I am doing a majority of my shifting using footwork. This is in part because I try to always be on the move, as my tactics include opportunity poaching (as opposed to called poaches).

But regardless, my point when speaking of "positioning" in my post, was more about where to stand on the court, not so much about which way to face once you are there.
chatt_town is offline   Reply With Quote