View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #12
Centerforward71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipticality_224 View Post
I think Im going to have to splurge on a couple of sets of gut to see what the hype is all about. But I dont want to spend 40 plus dollars on a set. Ive seen some sets from various companies on TW for 20 to 30 dollars. Are these any good? Or is it VS gut or bust with nat gut?
After testing alot of the lower end guts including the ones below I would have to say that a QUALITY MULTI played better than most of the cheaper guts, but go ahead and test for yourself. I actually liked the natural colored Mamba Premium, and the Performaxx was decent but nothing that I loved or thought would be worth switching to this.

What are you looking to improve with gut ? Feel is definitely better, power also, but spin and sometimes crispness is not if you like that. They can be mushy or soft depending on how it feels to you, so if you like crispy or stiffer setups you will not like gut.