View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #77
Fugazi
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by user92626 View Post
Your own assessment is ridiculous actually. Like many guys here you just threw out numbers without any explanation. On other hand Crosscourt gave explanation, good or not.

Id agree with crosscourt. They don't hit much differently than the guys at the court I play, 3.5-4.0, lots of powerful wacking and gross errors on 2nd or 3rd ball. If you don't agree, tell me how differently these guys hit?

I'd played a few doubles with a strong 4.5. This guy could routinely keep a very tight rally using topspin and low, skidding slice. He didn't give any unexplainable, grossly miss-hit shot.
As LeeD said, even guys that are 6.0 can be surprisingly inconsistent when hitting with a lot of pace. These two guys hit with good pace and have decent movement and defensive skills (especially the guy in grey). A 3.5 or 4.0 would simply not be able to withstand their pace. On the other hand, their serve is unimpressive, they have relatively weak backhands, and they're clearly overaggressive. Still, IMO these flaws don't make them below the 4.5 level. 3.5s simply can't hit with this pace with any kind of control, and 4.0s don't look that solid overall.
Fugazi is offline   Reply With Quote