View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #674
Babolat Official
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1for10is? View Post
Hi Babolat Official. It great to see you onboard here! I don't know if anyone has asked you this already, but I am wondering why Babolat changed from their regular natural gut which was so great, to making it with the BT7? The BT7 makes it much stiffer and it loses of lot of the great playability the string used to have. I have had to find other companies that come close to what the Babolat natural gut used to be like. A lot of people on the forums here complained about this, so it would be great to get your input.
We're constantly looking to improve our products. Some people like the new formula and some don't (see this thread and others on the forum). With any product, we do extensive testing with tour players, pros, coaches. The new formula has to do with the threading of pieces of cattle intestine and increases durability by 15% (according to our testing).

Some shops still carry the old formula if you think you prefer it. When I was last in France I had our product manager walk me through the difference. It is a proprietary technique and although there will be strong backlash to this statement, it has not changed the way it plays if you don't know you are playing with a new version.