Thread: Racquet Weights
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
Fintft
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Because they think there is a "holy grail" setup.

There isn't, but it does become somewhat obvious from these guys specs that most stock racquets do not have specs that are anything close to the majority of pros. If there wasn't some advantage to it..they wouldn't do it.

The question is, does that advantage translate to 90% of the people who frequent these boards? I think the answer to that is no. Pros sticks are build to handle and dish out huge serves at 120MPH+, and groundstrokes with 2500RPM+ at 75+ MPH.

If you don't face these kinds of shots regularly, you're carrying around more stick than you need to get the job done. Spoken from experience..I've done the experiments. My racquet is still heavy, but the huge swingweight thing is a good way to wear yourself out after a few sets.
I tend to agree, since like I said, I went down about 16g in SW and 4g in weight, over the last 3 years, but that also happened b/c the newest model were better engineered and had better shock absorption.

Still don't want to go down another 15g in weight (same SW) to the stock model of Djokovic's stick (IG Speed MP 310)- although we own one in the family.
Fintft is offline   Reply With Quote