View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #88
Mustard
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0509 View Post
One day there is bound to be a big tennis player exposed, it has happened in every other sport, so it is only a matter of time and I am not talking about a Gasquet level player who used cocaine, I am talking about a big top player and his PED use exposed. It is tougher to expose these guys in tennis because it is an individual sport and secrets are not shared as they likely are in a team sport. Much harder to actually prove drug use for an individual player in tennis.
Gasquet was cocaine. That's no scandal, at least not to me. The biggest doping scandals in tennis to date are:

Mariano Puerta (twice tested positive, at 2003 Vina del Mar and at the 2005 French Open, for the PEDs clenbuterol and etilefrine, respectively). Puerta served bans for 9 months the first time, and 2 years the second time.

Petr Korda (tested positive at 1998 Wimbledon for nandrolone, just 5 months after winning the 1998 Australian Open and having a negative drug test). Korda was banned for 12 months from September 1999, although he had already retired by then.

Last edited by Mustard : 02-07-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Mustard is online now   Reply With Quote