View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #42
Sid_Vicious
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonbc View Post
I read an article this past summer where he said himself that the first language that he learned was English because that's what his mother spoke to him, but that he naturally learned Swiss-German almost at the same time. He also said that he and Mirka speak to their girls in English at home because they realize it will be beneficial for them to grow up knowing the language. Can't be bothered to look for the link because it really doesn't matter to me what Federer does or doesn't do.

And I'll stick to my knowledge of Nadal if you'll stick to yours about Federer and quit posting a gazillion accusatory and false posts about Nadal.
It's pretty obvious english is not Federer's first language and is something Federer has picked up mostly by himself. Have you ever heard Federer's sister speak in english? She has a HUGE accent. Obviously, she interacts with her parents in Swiss german.

Federer's english is pretty impressive. Many of the swiss players that grew up with Federer can barely speak english. They had to get someone to translate Marco Chiudinelli's interview to english for a documentary. I think Federer's time spent with Peter Carter probably helped a lot in getting english down.

I totally agree about Novak, very impressive language skills.

Last edited by Sid_Vicious : 02-07-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Sid_Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote