View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
10SDad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers4Life View Post
I've seen one parent at a local junior tournment using the tow hitch reciever on his SUV to string rackets. He was using a crank, though.

I would say your best bet is Alpha Revo 4000, Eagnas Combo 810, or a Gamma X-ST, all crank machines but can easily adapt a Wise. As for power, you can always use a small portable generator. I've seen a couple of stringers use a small 1000w Honda generator, or use an inverter for you SUV.

What kind of DW do you have now?
I'm finding a bit more on this, so sorry if I didn't quite do my due diligence before posting. Looks like Alpha Pioneer DC Plus is (or at least was) an option where Wise had an adapter, as well as the Eagnas Challenger. Both look like the base is bolted on.

The portable generator would likely be an issue at matches or tournaments unless I'm far enough away from the courts, and hauling it would be another challenge.

I've got a Klippermate. Has been great for myself and my two kids over the past nine years, but I know I'm not going to want to start doing a higher volume on it.
10SDad is offline   Reply With Quote