View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #89
Fintft
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J011yroger View Post
Perhaps if you post your own video we could see how you hit way harder than I but strings last you an order of magnitude longer than they do me.

Until such time it will have to remain one of the great mysteries of life.

1. I thought flouro wasn't a bad string, but it was unnecessarily more expensive than ALU, and I liked ALU better anyway. I don't need softness at all.

2. I hate, HATE Solinco strings. They feel ok when you hit slowly, or warm up, but when you start to swing at the ball with any sort of bat-speed, they roll over and play dead.

J
It could be the stringer too: mine is certified, pre-stretches the gut, even waxes it before feeding it through the grommets and it's probably the best stringer in town (granted that is not saying much for a city of about 1.5 million. At times I wax it myself, according to some "natural gut guide" from Tennis warehouse.

Good to know about Solinco strings, thanks! I also have some Prince poly that I planned to try at some point, if I get around it.

OK, you made me watch the whole video and if it's you here: https://vimeo.com/56250360, then yes I'm hitting harder in average.

Also maybe you didn't buy a good natural gut like Babolat or Wilson and went for some of the cheaper ones?
Finally I usually have at least 2 racquets (if not 3) strung the same and I alternate them at changeovers, getting usually at least 5 weeks out the both, before I need to string one. I play around 2 hours at a time, 5-6 times a week.

Last edited by Fintft : 02-08-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Fintft is offline   Reply With Quote